Thursday, May 20, 2010

Sadness

Today at 2:30 Colorado time Tiffany sent a text out to family stating that All the doctors were in Justices hospital room and the could not keep his oxygen saturation up.

At 3:00 after asking her some questions about whether or not the medical team would be able to perform a bronchoscopy, Tiffany said that Justice was too unstable.

At 3:10 the doctors told her they had done all they could do, and said she should just hold him.

At 3:40 she sent a text to family simply saying "he's gone."

Needless to say we are all filled with grief.  Tiffany is waiting for her family to arrive in Denver, as it was just her and Justice in those final moments.

No, we don't know why these things happen.  When we got the 3:10 text the family was putting out the furious "please pray" and we all meant we wanted a miracle for this precious little life that we love so much.  We didn't get the miracle of healing.

I once heard that a miracle is a shift in perception or believing.  And right now, I believe that Justice experienced the greatest miracle, the greatest shift that anyone can experience.  And while I say that, it still makes me angry and sad.

Please keep Jake, Tiffany, Dakota and Georgia in your prayers as they all walk through this process of grief and healing.

61 comments:

Jessarella said...

Tiffany, I am so incredibly sorry. JW has been on my mind and in my prayers so much lately. Please know how much you are loved. I am so upset, I just can't stop crying. I wish I could give you a big hug!

Sara said...

Tiffany, I am so sorry. JW was truly a spot of sunshine in all of our lives. You and your husband and girls are in my prayers. We all love you so and are sending so many thoughts your way.

Unknown said...

Tiffany, my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family in this time of sorrow. I have been praying for Justice and keeping an eye out for Daava's posts on facebook. I'm so sorry and pray that God will hold you all in His arms at this time. Jennifer Blackhurst Taylor

Katie said...

Tiffany, my heart aches for you, your family, and sweet JW. He was such a wonderful gift to this world and I know he is wrapping his wings around you tight tonight. I'll continue to keep you all in my prayers and just wanted to know that we love you all.

D. said...

Tiffany, my heart is truly broken. I have been praying for JW constantly and your sweet little guy was never far from my thoughts. I hope you know how many people he touched with that infectious smile and that we'll all remember him always. If there's anything at all that you need, please let us know. I'm praying that he's at peace and that God will give you the strength to make it through this difficult time. Much love to you and your family. -Danielle

Stefany said...

I am truly so sad and heartbroken. Please know that JW will always be remembered for those big blue eyes and amazing strength. I'm keeping your entire family in my prayers.

wrensmommy said...

i am so sorry... he is such a precious boy... there are no words...

you're in our thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

Oh Tiffany, my heart is broken for you and your family. With all my heart I am sorry.

Much love...let me know what I can do.

Sara (skatcat)

Tasha said...

He is a miracle, in more ways than I can say. Tiff, you've been there for me, holding my hand, guiding me for so long now. If there is anything I can do - hold your hand, listen to you, pray with you - whatever, just let me know. Prayers continue for all of you.

kristen said...

Tiffany, I have no words that would be adequate in this moment. I cannot believe such a wonderful little boy could be taken so young.

He and your whole family are in my thoughts and prayers.

SupersammyG said...

I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with your family.

Anonymous said...

Tiffany you and your entire family are in my prayers. My God's strenght be with you all during this difficult time.

Becky D.

Liz said...

My heart hangs heavy tonight. I have no words. I am so sorry for your loss. You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

kim said...

I am so incredibly sorry. JW is loved by so many. :(

Annie said...

Tiffany... there really are no words to express the heavy heart of so many people. None of course more than yours. You have been such a huge support system for me and I can't stress enough what a huge part of my heart JW has always, and will always hold.
This isn't fair... I'm so unbelievably upset for you and so unbelievably sorry.
I took a long walk tonight after the news and did a lot of thinking and praying. I wish I could be next to you to help in any way. Please know all my thoughts and prayers are on you.

Annie (sweater)

Gail said...

My heart hurts. I have been praying for JW... and will continue prayers for you all. Your sweet boy will never be forgotton - will always be missed.

Gail (goldielocks5)

Unknown said...

There are no words for how sorry I am for your loss. JW touched so many lives. It's hard to believe that such a sweet and wonderful little boy is gone. He will always have a little place in my heart.

At1stsight said...

I'm from thepreemiepalace and thebump, and I am so sorry for your loss. Peace be with little Justice and with your family in this difficult time. My heart breaks for you and your loved ones. I am praying for you to have comfort and support through this. I'm so sorry.

Anonymous said...

Tiffany, I don't know you but am related by marriage to a friend of yours, Mandi Cooley. I saw her entry on Facebook about the loss of your little one and I followed that entry to your FB and then to this blog. My heart goes out to you...I have also felt the pain of losing a baby...know that this mama is grieving along with you and praying for you and your family.

Beth Cooley

Anonymous said...

Tiffany, I am so sorry. We have been thinking and praying for all of you over the last couple of years. We check the blog almost daily to see how the little guy and the rest of the family was doing. When I opened it tonight my heart broke. If you need anything from us just let us Know. we are thinking and praying for you all.

Jennifer Doyle

Barb said...

Tiffany, I am so sorry for your loss. JW was loved by all! I am heartbroken for you and your family.

SaraBelle said...

Tiffany -- I am so very sorry for your loss. Your beautiful family is in my thoughts and prayers tonight. I am at a loss for words.

Sara (beefsbride)

Catie said...

I'm so very, very sorry this has happened. JW had such an infectious smile and that's how I'll always picture him. Please know that you're in my thoughts and prayers.

Wendy said...

Words escape me. Sorry isn't enough. My heart breaks. This is so wrong, this should never happen to a mother, to a family. We are all here for you. We love you all. JW, we will miss everything you may have been, and we love everything you are.
Faery/ Wendy

Sara said...

So many people are feeling so much sadness tonight, but I know that none of it begins to compare to the sadness you are feeling. I hope that the words of comfort you will get from everyone, from all these MoMs who love you and JW, will help you to feel loved and supported. I am so sorry and will continue to send my love and good thoughts to your family.

Sara

Melissa said...

Tiffany,

My heart breaks for you, Jake, Dakota and Georgia. JW was an amazing little boy with an infectious smile. He is loved by so many. I will continue to pray for your family. Lots of love and hugs. Please let us know if you need anything.

mrsgingergrl said...

There are truly no words for how sorry I am, and how my heart breaks for your family. Your sweet beautiful boy will always be loved and remembered by me and so so many others who were touched by him. Huge huge hugs and prayers for you and your family,

Anonymous said...

Tiffany, I'm a friend of Daava's. I am so very sorry to hear of your loss. My family and I extend our deepest sympathy and condolences.

-Marc

Lindsi B said...

Tiffany
I really have no words. I am SO incredibly sorry for the loss of your amazing and beautiful son, Justice. What a true blessing he is. He is so precious.
I am so very sorry.

Unknown said...

Tiffany... I love you. I love your family. My heart is broken for you all. I can not express how much I'm thinking of you all, or how awful I feel for you all. I am so, so sorry for your loss. JW was a fighter, a bright, adorable little man, and we will always remember him. He touched us all. I wish I could just hug you. I wish there was something I could do to help. Just know you are surrounded by love and strength and we are ALL here for you, every step of the way. Anything you need, just say the word.

Much love and sympathy,
Mandie

Marie A said...

NOOOOOO! I am SO SORRY!!! my stupid phone wasn't able to get any texts today b/c the screen broke. I am sSOOOOOooo sorry. I love you guys.

p
r
a
y
i
n
g

doesn't seem like enough..
i love you

I'm so sorry.
love
Aunt Marie

Sara B said...

Tiffany, I'm so sorry for the loss of your beautiful, precious baby boy. I love reading your blog and hearing about Justice - what a miracle he was and how lucky he was to have a mother like you. I pray for healing for all of you.

Joy said...

Oh Tiffany,
I'm so incredibly sorry. I just can't even believe this is happening. I'm sure you can't either. My prayers go out to your whole family.

Trish

Anonymous said...

Tiffany and Jake. So sorry for your loss. Our prayers are with you. We love you all. Let us know if there is anything we can do.

Chris and Holly

HesseTwins.org.com.biz said...

I am so sorry. Words cannot express how terribly sorry I am. My thoughts and prayers are with you all during this time.
Kristi

Jenn said...

I am so sorry for your loss, you and your family are in my prayers!

RoseMarie said...

Tiffany,
My heart is aching for you and your family. I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.
-Ro

Wandering Soul said...

Tiffany and Family,

I was in utter disbelief as I read those words. Peace be with you and yours. All I can say now is, remember the book my sister sent you. Love surrounds you...

-Emily

Anonymous said...

Tiffany I'm soo sooo sorry for your loss. It truly has been an eye opening today that tmrw is never promised. I hope you find peace knowing that he is with his maker now and is pain free. JW was a blessing to many that didnt even know him. I only met hime for a few minutes last May at Kinder's wedding and he captured my heart. I truly am praying for healing for you guys in this difficult time. My heart my prayers and my love go out to you.
Brandi

TripMomma said...

I am so beyond sorry to hear this sad sad news. My love, thoughts and prayers go out to your family. Good journey sweet JW.

Harris Boys said...

I am so sadden to hear the news this evening. My heart aches for you all. Sending all my love and hugs!

Anonymous said...

Our hearts are aching for you. We are Becky's parents. Although we have never met you we felt close to you through Becky and her family. May you all feel strength in the love that surrounds you. We are so sorry for your loss.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry. I will pray for you and your family. May God give you peace.

Corey B.

Anonymous said...

Tiffany, Jake, Georgia, Dakota . . . I am speechless and heartbroken to hear this news. Praying for you all. Jen W

Steve said...

Tiffany. From a distance through friends I watched your little guy inspire. What a gift to peek in on. You know where he is and that's a comfort. I share your sadness (and hope)tonight. Be covered in His promises.

Mrs.McJeep said...

Tiffany, I'm so sorry for your loss, just doesn't seem like enough. Thoughts and prayers are with your family right now.

Quince Family said...

Tiffany, your entire family is in my prayers. JW made such an impression on me--he will continue to inspire me each and every day as an Angel. It's just not fair. I'm so sorry. I love you and hope that you find a way to seek comfort from your family and friends during this time...we are all here for you anytime, in any way. JW is loved. You are loved. Your family is loved.
shady

Ashley said...

We love you all. I'm so so sorry. We will be praying for you.

Kris said...

My heart aches for you all. I am so very sorry for the loss of your little JW. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Kim said...

praying for grace and peace for you and your family. Know that he is whole in heaven and in Jesus' perfect arms.

cjsayers77 said...

I became aware of your blog today through another preemie mom's blog. My heart aches for you and your family. You are in my thoughts. I am so sorry for your loss.

Busted said...

I was directed here through many facebook updates about your sweet boy. I'm so incredibly sorry for your loss. It's too unfair and wrong to have to say goodbye to your child, as I know too well having said goodbye to two of ours who died at birth due to prematurity - I cannot even begin to imagine your pain though. Sweet Justice and the rest of your family will be in my heart and thoughts, all my love to you all.

Anonymous said...

My heart goes out to the whole family. May God's peace and love surround you as He holds your little Angel in Heaven now.

I am from Tignall, Georgia and a friend of Jacob's family. My daughter Rischa was in school with Jacob.

Prayers for the family lifted up~~~

Billie Anne Smith ^8^

Searching said...

I didn't know Justice but was brought here by Trish. I am so, so sorry that your sweet miracle is no longer in your arms. It's not fair, not at all. I'm crying just seeing his sweet face. I am so sorry. Your family will be in my prayers now and for the many difficult months ahead.

(former NICU RN)

Angela said...

Praying for you all!

Karen said...

Tiffany,
There are no words that can express how deeply sorry I am about your loss. My heart just aches for you and your family. Thank you for sharing JW with us. Hugs and prayers to you and your family.

-Karen

Adrienne said...

Jake, Tiffany, Georgia, Dakota, Susan, Lacy, and Kinder,
No words, only prayers, hope and love surround you all. So hard to understand. We can only lean on God as we do in our daily lives to get through this sadness. We love you all and are thinking of you.
Love, Dave, Adrienne, Lindsey, Buddy, Bradley, and Sammy Jo

elteescat said...

I'm so terrribly sorry for your loss. I was told about you by the blogger mother of a 26 weeker.

Anonymous said...

May God Bless You and Your Entire Family. God and his angels are with Justice right now.

Jennifer and Daniel said...

We are so so sorry for your loss...words can not express how truly saddened we were to hear about your precious baby. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Justice will be remembered forever ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Anonymous said...

I saw this blog on a friends webpage and started to read it. This is such a sad story, my heart goes out to the family and friends. Will keep them in my prayers!