Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Chicken Enchiladas, a Laptop & a Bad Day

Chicken enchiladas for everyone!
A friend from church arrived at our house at the crack of dawn this morning to watch the girls for the day while Jake worked. The girls are going to be her flower girls when she gets married in July. So today, they got to go shopping for flower girl dresses. Then, when Jake got home, he found chicken enchiladas in the oven. She kid-sits, shops, and cooks. Can we keep her?

A fellow preemie mom, who until this evening I knew only online, lives near the hospital and she brought me some home cooked food tonight. What did she bring? Chicken enchiladas! It was almost like eating with my family.

Ask and you shall receive!
In addition to enchiladas, soup and muffins, she also brought me her laptop to you! Really! Seriously, though, you are too generous. Thank you so much! Mere words do not even begin to express my amazement and gratitude at the generosity of friends today.

Bad day!
JW is misbehaving today. He had a very bad morning. The top doc of the PICU didn't wander very far from this room for a good part of the morning. His afternoon was decent, but now he's misbehaving again. I had a whole bunch more I wanted to type, more details and stuff, but I'm pretty frustrated right now and can't really get my words together. Prayers are still very much coveted.

3 comments:

Tasha said...

JW - be a good boy now! Hugs and prayers for you all.

Ivory said...

Awww, that makes me happy that I made a meal that the rest of the family was eating too :)

Jessarella said...

Keeping you in our prayers!!!