Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Pyloric Stenosis

JW had his upper GI this morning, and lo and behold, the cause of his reflux is Pyloric Stenosis. Jake had surgery for this when he was 5 weeks old, so I wasn't entirely surprised to hear today's doc tell me this. A month ago when it seemed like JW was throwing up every feed I was thinking that maybe he had it, but since JW's reflux has actually been better the last 3 weeks or so, I was a little surprised. She said he definitely has it, but it may be getting better on its own. He's only thrown up twice in the past week and she said she could see the barium moving through his stomach so his pylorus isn't completely blocking the food from moving. That's good news, he will probably have an ultrasound and I have to call his pediatrician this afternoon to see what she wants to do. We'll probably end up with a surgical consult but hopefully he won't need another surgery.

No comments: