Monday, July 05, 2010

Clothes

I was rounding some stuff up this morning to return to a friend. We had some leftover diapers that I promised her and thought while I was at it I would take her some PJs I had for JW. The PJs were from Christmas when my "personal shopper" at the hospital toy drive pretty much forced them on me. I wasn't super fond of them, but she insisted. (Sorry for giving you the rejects M.) Since M is the same size JW was, I thought I would go ahead and take over some of the new clothes I had for JW since they still had the tags on them. I figured since Justice never wore the clothes, it wouldn't be a big deal to get rid of them. I had a couple shirts in my hand, but set them back down. I came upstairs to the guest room closet where the larger sizes were kept, and once again, had a shirt in my hands. When it came right down to it though, I just couldn't let the clothes go. I know exactly who gave him each article of clothing, and some of them had already been in the closet waiting for him for over a year. I guess knowing which family member bought the clothes, or what I was thinking when I purchased them, still made them special even though he never wore them. In the end, M just got the 2 pair of "reject" PJs. Again, sorry M (and B). I have some perfectly good clothes here, but I guess for now, they'll just stay hanging in the closet.

2 comments:

B said...

My Dearest Tiffany-
Every time I put M in those jammies, I'll think of your beloved JW. Every single time.

Tasha said...

It's ok. You hang on to whatever you want for as long as you want. Hugs.