JW had another good day. They were able to go up on his vent settings a little more which means his lungs are getting better and accepting the air. (Now once he's off ECMO, we'll be looking for his vent settings to be turned down.) There is some clotting in the lines on ECMO. The doctors and specialists are watching those like a hawk. For now they've decided to leave things as they are. If the clotting gets really bad they will either take him off and deal with his lungs possibly being not quite ready, or if they decide his lungs are absolutely not ready, they will switch out ECMO machines. If they switch out the machine they run the risk of JW having an immuno response because he would be exposed to all new blood products and that could possibly cause him to stay on ECMO longer. So much to think about. Other than concerns about clotting, there's not much else to report. He was supposed to have another bronchoscopy today, then they cancelled it, then they said they were doing it, then they must have cancelled it again because it never happened.
The first three nights in the hospital I slept in JW's room. The next three nights I slept in a sleep room they have have available here in the hospital. The room I was in had a hide-a-bed. I didn't notice how lumpy it was the first night, guess I was exhausted. The 2nd night I had a hard time getting comfy. So the 3rd night I didn't pull out the bed, just slept on the couch. Tonight, I was assigned to a sleep room with an actual bed! It is so comfy!
Please pray for wisdom for the doctors and specialists regarding what to do if the clotting gets worse. And of course for JW's continued healing, especially his lungs.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry
No comments:
Post a Comment