Sunday, December 20, 2009

He Smiles

We're having a good weekend. Friday JW got a PICC line so they were able to pull his central line and his arterial line. Saturday he got to hang out in Mommy's lap, twice. And today he was able to chill in Daddy's lap for a while. The only drawback to the weekend was the horrible gas he's had and had trouble passing. Hence the 2 tubes in his nose. One for his breast milk to go in and the other one to help relieve some of his gas pressure. And of course the cherry on top of our wonderful weekend was him smiling at me today. I think he may have tried to laugh a time or two as well. Of course, he can't make me a sound, so the only thing that makes me think he was laughing was that his shoulders were bouncing while I was nibbling on his fingers. He was actually feeling pretty playful today. He kept sticking his fingers in my mouth and I would growl and nibble and he would smile/laugh. He
also attempted one of his favorite past times of clapping my hands. Fortunately, I was able to snap this picture of his adorable smile. (As usual, he blinked with the flash.) The tape on his cheeks make it difficult for him to smile real big, but a smile's a smile. :) Oh yeah, he doing great on his vent settings as well. They have been lowering the settings super slow because he's so sensitive, but today they were pretty aggressive with the changes and he tolerated them well.

2 comments:

Joy said...

Soooooooooo good to see this!

Annie said...

I LOVE HIM!!!!