Thursday, October 22, 2009

He's Supposed to be Sleeping

I had the hardest time getting JW back to sleep after Daddy left for work this morning. I think this picture was taken at 6 and JW had already been up since 4. Stupid cold. Anyway, one of the many things I tried with the wiggle worm was just putting him in his crib in the dark. He wasn't happy about it. After about 5 minutes he stopped screaming but I realized the noise I was hearing was not one of his toys. I knew it had to be the dead plant. I turned on the light and sure enough, he had the dead plant. (I thought I had the crib far enough away. Guess I'll have Jake dispose of it when he gets home today.) The significance of this entire event though isn't that he wouldn't sleep, or that he was playing with a dead plant. Its significant because this is the first time he's pulled himself up to his knees without and help from Jake or myself. He looks proud of himself, don't you think?

No comments: