Saturday, August 08, 2009

OYA - August 8, 2008



One year ago today Dr. M walked into my hospital room and told me I would go in to "rip roaring labor within the next couple days." I didn't believe him.

Ok, so he didn't say that as soon as he walked in. He first said that he was afraid this would happen because of the abruption. He also said that because of the abruption he could not do amnio infusions every 3-4 days like originally planned. He had ordered a series of tests checking for blood clotting disorders. Yes, thank you. The vampires had already been in at 5 and took 8 vials of my blood for said tests. (Yeah, poke #8). Let's see, next he told me that I could have bathroom privileges. Yay! And THEN he said I would go into labor, that they wouldn't stop try to stop it, and that I shouldn't be afraid to get pregnant again. He said to wait a couple months before trying and once I was pregnant again he would want to see me at 12 weeks. Then he said he would see me on Monday and left for the weekend.

An ultrasound tech had come in around 6 that morning to check JW's fluid. I asked him if I was having a boy or a girl and he said it was a little tough to tell because of the lack of fluid but if he had to guess he'd say we were having a boy, but he wouldn't bet his lunch on it. On a good note, fluid was obviously low again, but it was a bit higher than it had been before the amnio infusion, so JW wasn't letting it all leak out. I think he had his little tooshy in the hole! :)

Later in the morning one of Dr. R's partners came in to check on me. Dr. R had told me on Wednesday that she would be out of town from Thursday until Sunday, so I wasn't expecting to see her anyway.

My day nurse spent quite a while in my room talking to me. She was very nice, and I don't think she had any other patients.

I had a pretty quiet day. At some point that afternoon the vampires came back. They forgot one vial of blood. Grrrr! #9 and after that I lost count.

Jake and the girls didn't get to the hospital until about 3 that afternoon. They had picked Kinder up at the airport a little earlier and run some errands. And they brought me a caramel shake from Sonic, so I was happy.

JW was looking pretty good. The nurses checked his heartrate with the doppler every time they took my vitals. He didn't like the intrusion to much, but it was reassuring to hear him.

Late that night, Jake made another trip to the airport to pick Lacy up who had to wait until after work to fly in. They stayed pretty late.

Sometime between 1 and 2 a.m. Jake and Lacy took the girls home for the night and Kinder stayed at the hospital with me. She was great company.

We are off to the NICU reunion picnic today. We're all really looking forward to it. The girls can't wait to see their favorite secretary and I just want to show JW off to all the wonderful people who took such great care of him his first 14 weeks. How ironic is it that a year to the day after Dr. M told me we would lose JW we get to take him back to visit and celebrate with all his caregivers? Hopefully, I'll remember to take some pictures while we're there and have some to share tonight.

No comments: