Friday, April 17, 2009

Car Seat


JDub chillin' in his cushy new car seat. (Since it came today, we'll just say it's his 7 month birthday present.)

This is the car seat I've wanted for him ever since we found out he was on the way. When he was discharged from the hospital I figured at the rate he was gaining weight he wouldn't fit in an infant seat for long (the girls outgrew theirs by 7 months) and didn't have/want to spend the money. But he's slowed down on his weight gain lately, and this seat will still fit him for a while, up to 30 lbs if I want--he's currently 12 lbs. So thanks to our tax return, I was finally able to get it! Got the matching stroller too. Initially we weren't going to bother with the full travel system. If he wasn't still needing the O2 I'd just carry him in his wrap through the airport in a couple weeks. But the portable O2 concentrator we have to fly with weighs 18 lbs. No way we're carrying that through the airport. We have 2 very nice umbrella strollers, but the seats don't recline and he's just not ready to ride that way yet. So we splurged.

We took his new stroller out for its maiden voyage tonight and it is NICE, but maybe I just remember pushing the super jumbo limo stroller.

No comments: