Monday, April 20, 2009

Busy Day

Got out of the shower today to find the girls had made beds out of 2 boxes in the family room.




Hair all done. Ready to go run errands. Georgia wore that backpack into every store today. I think it's filled with empty Easter eggs and maybe a stuffed animal or 2.


We ran quite a few errands today and were gone for several hours. Plus, I forgot my wallet, so at our first stop we had to turn around and drive 20 back to the house to get it. Oy!

We got home shortly before Daddy. The girls played in the back yard while Daddy and a friend lugged the very heavy, almost completed chicken coop from the garage to the back yard. Since it was wider than the back door to the garage, they had to go out the front and carry it around the house, lift it up and over the fence, cuz the gate wasn't wide enough either, then maneuver around the obstacle course that is the back yard.

The girls hung out on the trampoline to make sure they didn't get in the way.




Meanwhile, inside, JW had awakened from his nap and couldn't get his paci back in his mouth. So he settled for 2 fingers instead.


"Mmm, tastes just like chicken."

(Those are the only 2 pix of JW from today, but below this post is a video of him laughing. So make sure you check it out.)

Speaking of chickens, with the coop in place, the chickens and the girls were set free in the back yard. Dakota must've carried Char around like this for at least 15 minutes. This was after Dakota pushed her in the swing. I couldn't decide between these next 2 pix. So here's both.




While Char chilled in Dakota's arms, Georgia chased Meg around the yard, trying to catch her for a picture. Meg is half the size of the others and twice as fast so she's a tough one to catch.


"Gotcha!"


The other 4.


I think Char has resigned herself to her fate. Her fate being the will of a 3 year old!


Meg's loose again. This time she's under the new coop! Smart chicken. Zeuss had to help.


After bath time. I brushed Kota's hair straight back and told her to shake her head. This is how it turned out. She chose to leave it like this.


Georgia, on the other hand, was very specific about her hair. "No Mommy. You have to comb it like this, and over here, like this and like this."


While the girls were brushing their teeth I ran outside to see the finished coop. While out there I heard the sliding glass door open and Kota yelled something. A few minutes later when I went in Kota scolded me for not letting her know where I was going. When I told her where I'd been, both girls wanted to go out to the chicken coop. I told them we could in the morning. Then I noticed they both had put shoes on. They were planned on going out if I hadn't come in.

This is the exchange that lead to the next photo.
Me-Oh, you put your shoes on, you're so cute.
Kota-Get the camera.
Me-What?
Kota, with her hand on her hip-Get the camera and take a picture!

No comments: