Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Big Day for a Big Boy

This first picture is from yesterday and has to be shared just because it shows off his green eyes.


Ok, now that that's out of the way.....

6 months today!

JW had his 6 month well baby visit today.

The specifics-
Weight: 10 lbs 15 oz
Length: 21.75 inches
Head: 16.25 inches

The doctor says he looks great. Obviously he's still small for his age and he's not making up any growth yet, but at least he's growing at a steady rate.

Poor baby got 4 shots today. Two in each leg. He was not happy about it one bit. The nurse gave him the first two shots in his left leg and he kicked that leg all over the place while she gave him the other two. He fell asleep on the way home and when he woke up he was TICKED off. I gave him tylenol, fed him and put him in his swing where he fell asleep like this for at least 3 hours.


The doc did decide to lower his O2 flow. So we are trying him on a quarter liter during the day and leaving him at a half at night. So far, so good. His sats are a little lower than they had been, but hopefully he'll adjust in the next few days.


Smiles were hard to come by today. Probably because of those nasty shots. But I managed to get a couple on camera. He wasn't very talkative today, didn't think too much about lifting his head during tummy time and didn't even try to roll over. Hopefully tomorrow he'll be feeling a bit more like himself.


The other big news is that now that he's six months he can start trying other food. So tonight he had his first taste of rice cereal. The girls never would eat the stuff, even if I mixed with fruit, so I wasn't too certain what his response would be. Here he is right before the first bite wondering what on earth his crazy mom is up to.


This is one of the few bites he spit out. He actually seemed to like the stuff. He only spit it out if I got to feeding him too fast. He likes a good pause between bites. Just when I thought he didn't want any more he started fussing and didn't stop till I gave him another bite. He ate over half of it, which I consider a huge accomplishment. We'll see what he thinks about it tomorrow.


Obviously I haven't been as diligent about getting regular pix of JW and Monkey since they came home, but seeing as today was his 6 month birthday I made sure to get one.


Ah, the end of a big day. Asleep in his bed, wearing new jammies. Nice.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do believe I see THE SMIRK in one of these pictures

Anonymous said...

First I've been able to get on in over a year finally got high speed sat. nothing else available in the canyon. Kiss the kids for me sure enjoy seeing the pictures. Hope to see you in June. Hug Aunt P