I knew I was forgetting something. Something huge! Everyone in the NICU is pretty excited about it. Someone even met our favorite NP at the door of the hospital, not the NICU door-the hospital, to give her the news. Justice was taken off the high flow nasal cannula today and put on a regular cannula. It just seems crazy to me that this morning he was on 50% O2 at a flow of 6 liters and since 10:30 this morning he's been at a flow of 250-500 mL, which is roughly 40-50% O2 but not as much pressure. The switch was made in hope that he will be able to bottle feed better because the high flow basically forces the trachea to stay open meaning he can't really stop breathing to swallow. I don't think they've tried him on a bottle since the switch. Maybe tomorrow when his physical therapist is here. His speech therapist said she may stop in tomorrow as well. For now he's getting his pacifier dipped in breast milk while he's being tube fed.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry
No comments:
Post a Comment