I took Dakota to the doctor for her fever and Georgia got a shot.
So the good news, Dakota doesn't have and ear infection. The bad news, she has some sort of viral something, while mild now, could get worse in a few days. She has to stay away from the NICU until she has been fever free for 24 hours.
I told the girls' doctor that they needed their flu shots before Justice comes home and she said Georgia could get hers today but we need to wait for Dakota's fever to clear before she gets it. Georgia almost lucked out and got the flu mist vaccine that is inhaled but since it's a live vaccine and can cause a mild cold we decided the shot would be safer. The doctor left the room and Georgia said, "Let's go!" But I told her the nurse was coming back to see her. She said, "But I don't have an owie." To which I replied, "You will." Then the nurse came in and I lifted Georgia onto the table. That's when Georgia knew something was up. Poor kid, we went to the doctor for Dakota and she got the short end of the stick. We had to stop and get her a sweet tea on the way home to help her leg feel better.
Dakota is not looking forward to her shot next Wednesday.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry
No comments:
Post a Comment