Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Click, Click, Click

Dare I say? Things may be starting to click into place with Justice. He's still doing well on the low flow cannula. He was at 1 liter when I got here because he got pretty ticked over his breathing treatment. We're weaning him back down. Right now he's at 750 mL but he's satting at 97-100% sleeping on my shoulder right now so I'm sure his nurse will be turning him down the next time she comes to check on us. He was around 350 mL most of the day.

The NP says he's starting to associate me being here with nursing cuz he went for it tonight. I got here and gave him a bath so his nurse and I figured he would be too worn out to nurse. Would you believe the little guy nursed for almost 15 minutes? For at least 10 of those minutes his sats were at 100% and never dropped below 95%. He choked once and his heart rate dropped a bit but he managed to recover before he bradyed. His nursed asked if I wanted to try him on the other side, I figured he had to be pooped by then and said no. She started giving him half a feed through his feeding tube and not 2 minutes after hooking it up he started rooting like crazy. Guess he wasn't done nursing. Mommy was wrong.

He did very well during his bath too. We have to take all the leads off him for the bath so I don't know what his sats were during that time. But his color was good, very pink, and when we hooked him back up his sats were 93%. He seemed to enjoy most of his bath. Got cranky a few times but for the most part just let me wash him without much complaint.

He's wearing a newborn onesie tonight and it doesn't have much room to spare. Weighed in at 6 lbs 10.1 oz.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Big sigh....Praise God! He is so faithful! Oh Tiff that is such good news...I think he knows Christmas is coming! :) Hope the girls feel better. We are all fighting something right now. Maybe because San Diego can't decide what month it is...not to mention what season!!!!! This fog/rain/cold followed directly by blazing hot/dry is for the birds! Or maybe for those who don't have sinus issues. Hug everyone for me! Love you all so much!