Friday, July 13, 2007

Cheyenne Mountain Zoo

We got to feed the giraffes!

Georgia was teasing the giraffe, so Pops had to "help" Georgia let go of the cracker.

Too bad Dakota's arm is in front of her face. The look on her face was hilarious.

She didn't tease the giraffe like Georgia did. Dakota gave him the cracker so quick Mommy only managed to get two pictures and you can't see Dakota's face in either!

Watching the meerkats



Funny little meerkat. Aunt Neller used to have a cat that sat like this.

Target behavior training with the hippos. Cheyenne Mountain Zoo is one of few zoos that does this. We got to watch this hippo open her mouth on command, get her teeth brushed and play fetch.

Petting a pig!


"Ears!"

Feeding a bird at the Budgie Buddies exhibit.



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did have a very cool cat that sat like that. Now I have a puppy that sits funny. I can kinda see Dakot's face in the giraffe picture, it looks like she was scrunching up her face. Very cute! And the girls handled feeding the birds quite well!

Glenn 'n Daava said...

One of my friends told me when she was petting a baby hoppo and it fell asleep on her lap. Too bad the hippo wasn't part of the petting zoo.

Anonymous said...

Hippos are mean! They kill more humans in Africa per year than any other animal! No hippos in the petting zoo. Maybe a pigmy hippo, I don't know how mean they are.

Glenn 'n Daava said...

Lions and Tigers are mean in the wild too. But on tiger island, anyone can touch them.

Anonymous said...

Love seeing the girls and what fun they had at the zoo. I'm sending a package this week, some of the stuff is from the general Nana. Thanks for sharing Hugs P

Anonymous said...

Hard to believe it's been two years. They are so cute! I miss seeing you!!!!!! After I get done with chemo treatments, I could be around the girls again - right now my counts are too low and Dale has me pretty much grounded!!!!!

Hugs
Jeanne

Marie Ruth said...

How cool is that?!? I think the only thing I got to pet when I was two were housepets. They look like they handled everything really well. Was this on their second birthday? I'm putting in a request for birthday pictures! man, I miss you guys. :)

Aunt Marie