Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Star


I haven't put up any new pictures of the girls in the past few days, because, well, I simply haven't felt like it. Sunday, after an absolutely glorious day at the park with family and friends, Star got sick and Jake ended up at the emergency vet with her. There he had to make the difficult decision to let Star go. What happened to our precious Star wasn't the result of anything that had happened that day and therefore could not have been prevented.


So we are sad. Sad because of the hole left in our hearts by the passing of a faithful companion. Sad because Dakota and Georgia will never get to know their "Big Sister". Sad because Zeuss is so lost without Star.

But we are also thankful that we still have so much, like two healthy and thriving little girls. Thankful that Star had such a good time at the park that day. Thankful that she went out on top. And thankful for the memories we have of the world's most awesome dog.

Tiffany

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tiff,
You get it. Kinder and I have said many times that we knew that it would take someone really special to understand Jake and his dogs. I am so grateful that you exceed our expectations the way that you love Jake and his dogs. I know that after living with Star all that time that you had a relationship with her that was all your own but I also know that we tend love the things that our loved ones love and you are really appreciated for the way that you exemplify that. What a well stated tribute to much loved and faithful pup! She is so missed! Thank you for being there for Jake in such a time of sorrow. Nobody could fill this void if it weren't for you and the girls.
Love you all,
Lacy