Monday, March 14, 2011

May 20th

I can't believe that in just a little more than two short months it will have been one year since my sweet boy took his last breaths in my arms. It feels like it's time to do another Justice's Stocking project. (I know it's not Christmas, but I'm sticking with that name for now.)

For those that don't know, I've recently discovered the joys of quilting. For you long time Blakey Babies followers, I bet you didn't know I started another blog to share my quilting and other craft projects. Seems crazy to start another blog since I've been so bad about updating Blakey Babies lately, I know. But I did it anyway.

I'm still new and completely unknown to the quilting world. I had no idea there were so many wonderful quilting blogs out there. I think I've quintupled the number of blogs I follow in the last couple months. Anyway, like I said, I'm still unknown to the quilting world, but I'm putting this out there anyway.

For the one year anniversary of Justice's death, I would like to be able to take a bunch of quilts to the PICU at the children's hospital where Justice died. There are patients there from just a couple months old to high schoolers. So baby quilts, lap quilts, all kinds/sizes of quilts are welcome.

Well you help me? Spread the word to quilting friends. Or if you're so inclined, make a quilt and send it my way.

I probably won't deliver the quilts on May 20th, just because we'll have family and friends in town, and it's the weekend of the girls' dance recital. But I will deliver them before the end of May.

Thanks,
Tiffany

9 comments:

JustPlainLaine said...

I can do 2-3 premises if that would work for you!

JustPlainLaine said...

Should say preemies...sorry!!

Wandering Soul said...

I would love to participate. I'm moving in a couple weeks to a temporary place until end of May, but I will see what I can work on in the meantime. I will have access to my sewing materials. Will tag-blankets be appropriate for babies? Or only regular blankets? I can do either, or.

Hugs, Tiffany. If it's hard for me to believe it's been nearly a year, I can just imagine what it's like to you. You're an amazing woman. I hope you know that.

Melissa said...

I think it is wonderful what you are doing. I will try to make one or two quilts to send to you.

Tiff Blakey said...

Tag blankets would be great too. I said quilts because that's where my mind is mostly. But now that I think about it, any blanket is appreciated. Thanks!

Tiff Blakey said...

Thanks Melissa!

Laine, that would be wonderful.

Please email me at justicesstocking@gmail.com for my address.

Jen Wilson said...

Praying for you guys today, Tiffany. Hang in there. Hugs

Jen said...

Praying for you and the family today Tiffany.

Unknown said...

Thinking of you as always. And of little Justice... Love you ! :)