Saturday, February 05, 2011

"I Can't Sleep"

The girls are getting very creative. The best two excuses of the night.

Dakota:
"I can't sleep because the Kung Fu Panda song is stuck in my head. And it scares me."

Georgia, 25 minutes after D's excuse:
"I can't sleep because I had too much bright when my sister wanted to put her Pet Shops on the shelf."
I'm not even sure what that one means. I'm guessing D turned on the bedroom light to put her Littlest Pet Shop animals back on the shelf.

The real reason they can't sleep? They slept in till 10 this morning. G slept so late because 1) I let her stay up an hour late last night and 2) she was up coughing for about an hour at 7 this morning. D slept late because she was out with Daddy until very late last night. We are now an hour and 20 minutes past their bedtime, and I don't see them falling asleep any time soon. They are going to be so cranky when I wake them up at their usual time tomorrow.

No comments: