Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The Great Letdown

I knew it was coming. I've been so focused on Justice's Stocking. We had a good Christmas. A great Christmas in fact. Having a project to focus on was a great way to remember Justice and distract myself from the fact that he's not here. But the project is finished, for now, and the high is wearing off. I was looking through pictures of my smiling baby boy just now and found it so surreal to think about him ever being here. I have a baby boy. He's not with me anymore. But he was here. Justice WAS here.
Christmas 2009

4 comments:

Nico's and Natalee's Proud Parents said...

My heart aches for you...I can't imagine going through what you have gone through and admire your strength.

Quince Family said...

He sure was here. And still is here in so many ways--look at the strength you have and what you have done for so many families and sick babies! So much of it comes from your sweet boy and all that he taught you in his time here. He makes an impact each and every day on so many people, including me as I think of him often.
I know this time is hard and my heart aches for you. But that sweet smile and knowing eyes are still here in a very big way--never forget that, OK?

Anonymous said...

Hey Miss Priss,
I sometimes wonder the same thing about my folks. Be assured Justice was here and provided more blessings than any of us will ever be able to total.
Love You,
Dad

amourningmom said...

The project you did was great and honors Justice and his life. I am always trying to find ways to make sure my sons are remembered. Take care of yourself.