Thursday, August 05, 2010

One Tired Dog

Last night, around 8, I had G let Mac out the back door. About half an hour later I realized Mac was not waiting at the door. I looked out back and discovered the back door of the garage was open. I looked out front and found the big garage door open. Mac had run off. Jake drove around the neighborhood for about half an hour. No Mac.

This morning, around 9:30, D and I were snuggling on the couch. I was dozing. I was awakened by Mac's distinct whine. My eyes popped open and I looked at D. She said the noise was coming from the open window. I knew it was Zeuss as he was sound asleep right next to us. I looked out the window. No Mac. I opened the front door. Mac! He was standing in the corner of the yard. He dashed inside, greeted us and begged for breakfast. He's pretty much been sleeping since breakfast. I don't know what he was doing all night, but he sure is tired. Even Zeuss, who loves to lounge around and sleep all day seems to think Mac is being lazy today.

I'm still impressed Mac found his way home. We've only taken him on one walk through the neighborhood so far.

Published with Blogger-droid v1.4.9

No comments: