Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Justice Wayne Blakey



Born to Earth
September 17, 2008
Colorado Springs, Colorado

Born to Heaven
May 20, 2010
Aurora, Colorado



Justice Wayne Blakey passed from his mother's loving arms into our Savior's embrace May 20, 2010 at Children's Hospital, Aurora, Colorado due to respiratory failure.

Justice entered the world September 17, 2008 (12.5 weeks early) at St. Francis Medical Center, Colorado Springs, Colorado. The first fourteen weeks of his life he was lovingly tended to by the wonderful staff in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) at St. Francis.

For Christmas we received the greatest gift in that we got to finally bring him home. Though he was on supplemental oxygen, over the next year, we enjoyed the typical ups and downs of having an infant in the house, watching him develop, interact with his doting sisters, and capturing everyone's hearts with his mischievous grin. His second Christmas was spent at Children's Hospital fighting off two viruses that caused some serious health risks due to his underdeveloped lungs. He recovered and spent the next four months at home chasing his sisters, sharing his food with the dog, and learning to get into things he shouldn't.

Earlier this month, we were unprepared when he was admitted to the Children's Hospital for respiratory distress caused by what we thought was a simple cold. After ten days, Justice broke free of his imperfect earthly body.

While we are devastated by he loss of our precious son, we are confident that he is breathing freely and patiently waiting for us to join him in our Lord's presence.

He is survived by, precocious sisters, Dakota Grace and Georgia Faith, parents Jake and Tiffany, and a large extended family.

In lieu of flowers, charitable contributions can be made in Justice's name to the NICU at St. Francis Medical Center, 6001 East Woodmen Road, Colorado Springs, Colorado 80923.



Justice,
You have been a perfect joy. Your love of life was unmeasured. Your happiness was all encompassing. It was a delight to watch you grow and develop, unaware that you were supposed to be held back by your need for oxygen. A heartbreaker from the start with your big green eyes and impossibly long eyelashes, you had an irresistible smile that caused a severe lack of discipline on our part.

Though our time together was short, we are blessed beyond belief by the gift that was you. We are humbled that God chose us to love you and be loved by you. By God's grace, your unconditional love brought a brilliant light into our life. While we ache to hold you in our arms again, we rest in the knowledge that you are free and unencumbered, safe in Jesus' arms.

We long for the day we will see you again an know you are waiting for us.

Thank you for being our Baby Boy,
Mama and Daddy

37 comments:

G said...

this is the most heartbreakingly beautiful thing i have ever read. there are no words to adequately express my deep sadness for your loss. i am in awe of your strength and faith and your courage. you are an amazing family, and justice was as blessed to have you as you were to have him. i am thinking of you all and praying for your continued strength. and i will hold justice in my heart forever. he has touched so many lives with his beautiful spirit and his joy.

Sara B said...

Again, I'm so sorry for your loss. Justice was a beautiful boy and his spirit was evident. He was a lucky boy to have such a loving family. You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

Catie said...

What a beautiful tribute to sweet Justice. I'm so very sorry this happened and am even now having a hard time believing he's really gone. God bless sweet JW and his wonderful family.

Randi said...

Absolutely beautiful for an absolutely perfect little boy. Love and hugs abound.
Love, Randi
2 Timothy 4:7-8
I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day—and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing.

Jill said...

Truly beautiful. You are stronger than I could ever be. His smile shows how happy he was and I know that his loss will be felt for a long time to come (by people like me that you have never met). God bless your family.

Annie said...

What an amazing letter to an amazing little boy, who will never be forgotten. All my love to you...

Anonymous said...

A perfect, lovely, wonderful tribute. Wishing you as much peace as possible right now.

Sarah said...

What a truely heartbreaking and loving post. JW will not be forgotten and has touched us all by his smile and loving soul.

Valerie said...

A beautiful letter to such a beautiful little boy. His pictures always bring a smile to my face. I am so sorry for your loss.

Tasha said...

Simply beautiful. Praise God for giving comfort through the knowledge that Justice is now safe, happy and completely healthy, and that he simply waits for a family reunion in Heaven. While I mourn the earth's loss of Justice, I can only hope to celebrate his new home with him one day. Much love to you all.

Macchiatto said...

This is so beautiful. While I ache for you, I'm so glad to know you will spend eternity with him.

Wandering Soul said...

No other words, other than, utterly beautiful. You are so amazingly strong. Peace be with you...

ZMCooley said...

Beautifully written. All my love and support - mandi

Karen said...

This is such a beautiful tribute to your precious little angel. Justice will never be forgotten by those who knew him and by many who never had a chance to meet this beautiful boy who touched our lives in such a profound way. God bless your family.

Sarah (sdb421) said...

What a beautiful tribute to an amazing boy. I'm so sorry for your loss, but so happy to have been touched by such an amazing angel...

Quince Family said...

Reading this takes my breath away. What a beautiful tribute to your amazing son! He will never, ever, ever be forgotten. What an amazingly perfect Angel...
shady

wrensmommy said...

he is so beautiful and perfect... thank you for sharing your tribute to your precious son-he is so luck to have such a loving family just waiting to see him again. my heart breaks for your loss.
he has touched countless lives and will never ever be forgotten.

Wendy said...

just lovely, Tiffany. My thoughts and love are with you <3

Melissa said...

Tiffany you are an amazing woman. I admire your strength everyday. Lots of love to you, Jake, and the girls.

Heather said...

I'm amazed by your strength. This was so beautiful. Prayers and much love from Pennsylvania.

Linda said...

An absolutely beautiful tribute to a wonderful boy. I am so very sorry for your loss and continue to send prayers to you and your family

Anonymous said...

Tiffy and Jake,
This is such a beautiful letter, written with grace and love. Thank you for sharing this. And thank you for sharing so many of your precious memories with us! We will always remember Baby J and smile when we think about his amazing little grin.

Love you much! Hollie

Diana Lopez said...

I just wish I had the words to tell you something encouraging but I don't. All i can say is that I'll be praying for you all.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful post. I wish there was something I could say to take away your pain, but I know that's impossible. I'm continuing to think of and pray for you and your family.

tracey said...

Beautiful post to your precious angel. My heart, thoughts and prayers are with you and your family! All my love to you!

JenM said...

What a beautiful tribute to your son. I don't know where you found the strength to sit down and type that, you are an amazing woman. Your family has been constantly in my thoughts and prayers.

cherll said...

Wonderfully said. I admire your strength and your faith. I don't know what else to say but you all are still in my thoughts.

Chels/Catz in the Kitchen said...

Beautifully written. It brings tears to my eyes as I relish in knowing that your beloved son is with our Almighty Father, all the while remaining so strong and vulnerable at the same time. My family's (and church family's) prayers, thoughts, and hearts go out to you now. Thank you for sharing this beautiful post. I can't wait to meet him someday :)

nora said...

there are no words that i can offer to comfort you right now...your words are beautiful, and i know that Justice felt the amazing love that you show in those words. He was lucky to have such wonderfully caring mother/father and sisters. God Bless you all....my thoughts are always with you

-nora (yankee42)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing the love your shines forth. My prayers are with you.

Joy said...

My heart and my thoughts are with you. Justice will always reside in my heart.

--Trish

Neller said...

Can't wait to see my little dude of a nephew someday! Thank you Lord for the precious 20 months and 3 days he was on this Earth. So happy that this won't be the only time I get spend with him. I look forward to the Eternity that God has promised! Until then I will savor the memories, and rejoice in my saviors love and compassion! Tiff you were the best Mommy God could have possibly chosen for Justice, he knows he was blessed to have you and Jake as his Earthly Mom and Dad!

Danielle said...

I am so sorry for your loss. Your passage brings tears to my eyes. I cannot imagine a loss such as yours. You are an amazing and strong woman. My prayers are with your family.

Harris Boys said...

What an beautiful tribute to such a beautiful little boy. Stay strong to your faith. Rest in Pease JW!!

Friends in NJ said...

I am so sorry for your loss. While I have never met any of your family I stumbled across your page some months ago and began following it. Justice was truly a one of a kind beautiful baby and I can not express my sorrow to hear of his passing. I wish the whole family well and hope that you find comfort in the fact that he will be looking over you all for the rest of your lives. My prayers are with you all. Rest in Peace Justice.

Anonymous said...

I agree with what everyone said on here. AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING.
I just feel God through everything. YOU are AMAZING TIFFANY. And like what the other lady said, I could never be as strong as you. May you be forever be bathed in the comfort of the almighty God and may you be blessed beyond what anyone can fathom for experiencing this devastasting loss. You, no doubt were Gods perfect chosen one to be this little boy's mommy...no doubt. And daddy, too (Jake).
Blessings to you both...Justice is forever loved, cherished, and never, ever to be forgotten. EVER! You will be reunited again...
Love you guys sooooo much...
~Angela

cristy said...

I was blessed to be able to take pictures of Justice and I will always remember him. I know someday in Heaven I will get to see Justice in your arms again, and that is amazing to think about.God is so good and may He be your soft place to fall...if you need anything, please let me know.

xo,
Cristy