Monday, February 01, 2010

Things Seen and Heard

Justice's new favorite game is "Let's see how many toys I can throw down the stairs before Mommy or Daddy stop me." (Truth is, we think it's pretty funny, so we usually just laugh at him and will sometimes stand on the other side of the gate to hand the toys back to him so he can keep doing it.) Tonight, while I was making dinner, he was playing his new game. Georgia joined the fun. When I told her JW didn't need any help, she replied, "I'm not helping him. I'm teaching him." Great. Just what he needs, lessons on how to get more bang for his buck when chucking Noah, his wife, and the animals down the stairs. Then, when all the toys in the immediate vicinity had been joyfully tossed down the stairs, G asked me to lift her over the gate so she could go collect them and do it all over again. I told her no. She responded, "Come on Kota. Let's go find more toys to throw." Later, after all the occupants of the Ark (plus some shape sorting blocks) had once again tumbled down the stairs, I caught JW trying to squeeze the ark itself between the bars on the gate. But alas, he did not succeed in that endeavor. Thanks goodness. I don't think the ark would have made the descent in one piece.

There were plenty of other quite humorous things said today. But in the excitement of rescuing Jake from the side of the road, taking him to his appointment, calling roadside assistance, meeting the tow truck, going to the bank, stopping for Sonic slushies, and picking Jake up from his appointment, I've forgotten all but one other quote from the day. (For the record, the only previously listed activity that was on my to do list for the day was the bank.) We were driving to pick Jake up and Georgia told me, "Hurry up Mommy before Daddy gets hit by a car." (He was walking to his appointment and had actually gone about 2 miles by the time we caught up.) I wish I could remember some of the other things the girls said today, especially Georgia describing what she thought happened when Jake's car died in the middle of the road. Oh well.

No comments: