Also, I'm just a little bit (ok a lot) happy to report that he gained more weight breast feeding and eating baby food than he did on the continuous feeds. So that feeding tube he pulled out yesterday gets to stay out.
He ate a grilled cheese for the first time today. In the past, he's had gagging issues with chunks so I wasn't sure how it would go. I broke the sandwich into pea sized pieces and he shoveled them in and didn't choke once. We're going to try a pancake for breakfast tomorrow.
So, pretty much the only thing holding him here is his need for O2. He's on over twice as much as his usual requirement, so as soon as he gets his O2 needs down, we'll be out of here.
Strength wise, he gets so much stronger every day it amazes me. Just sitting in a high chair to eat for the past 2 days has improved his neck strength tremendously. Jake and I are sure once he's home and not hooked up to all the monitors, he'll be back to crawling and pulling up in no time. I doubt he'll need physical therapy for very long once he's home.


2 comments:
What a wonderful update! And INCREDIBLE cuteness! :)
There is the smile we all love! It is great to hear that he is doing so well after such a long battle. How are you holding up Mom?
Post a Comment