The girls got out their play tunnel tonight and were having a blast in the living room.
Dakota was laying on the floor with her head in the tunnel while Georgia gathered supplies, head lamp shining bright on her forehead, in the family room. I asked Dakota what they were doing.
D: We're playing dead hospital.
M: How do you play dead hospital?
D: You stick your tongue out and be-tend to be dead.
Georgia kept running from her patient because she was getting urgent calls from her "lots of brothers". I asked her for her brothers' names. At first she said she couldn't tell me, but then she coughed them up. Her big brothers are June, Quincy, Annie, Quincy-Anthy, Stripey and Draggy who she calls Basket Ben. She has 2 little sisters named Ariel and Jasmine and 3 little brothers named Derek, Justice and Glove Pot. Then as an afterthought, she mentioned her big sister, Horsey. Named so for her love of horses.
A couple other things I overheard while they were playing.
Dr. G tells Dakota: Shh! You can't talk with a tube in your throat.
Dr. D on the phone after examining Georgia: Yeah, hurry up. I need all of you to help. She's really, really dead.
Then, while I was getting them some ice cream, G informed me that after ice cream the baby would be born. When I asked her who was having a baby, she raised her eyebrows and pointed to D.
M: She's too young to have a baby. Four year olds don't have babies.
G: Well, we're be-tending she's older and having a baby.
M: Oh. How old is she?
G: Ooooohhhhhh, 6 or 7, I guess.
Something tells me life has been a little bit too much about hospitals and doctors lately.
1 comment:
I can hear this conversation in my head and know the look on thier faces as they tell you all about it. Just like Duh? Get with the program Mom! Love you All. Grams
Post a Comment