Tuesday, August 11, 2009

OYA - August 11, 2008



Another uneventful day. I'm sure Dr. M had been getting updates all weekend, but he still had to be a little surprised to see me still pregnant. He was obviously happy I hadn't gone into labor and said he'd like to see me get to 28 weeks because the survival rate increases drastically at that gestation. But our first goal was to get to 24 weeks, the point they consider the baby viable. He told me I could go home if I wanted to, but I would be readmitted when/if I reached 24 weeks. Even with family in town helping, I didn't see myself getting my rest at home. The girls were at an age where if I was in the vicinity and they wanted me to do something for them they would pitch a fit if someone else tried. I didn't think I needed the stress.

Dr. R had returned from her weekend out of town and came to see me. She was disappointed with the turn of events but very encouraging as well.

I had a few visitors that day and one even cut my hair for me. And pretty much nothing else happened that day.

Past the first few days in the hospital, my stay was largely uneventful so I won't be writing a OYA post daily from this point, just if I specifically remember something happening that day, or week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OH Right! he's in the high chair. He's growing fast now. See ya'll the week of your Birthdays Love to all Grams