JW's sats have been low since Monday. He's currently on 4x's his usual amount of O2. I've been on the phone with the doc, taken him to the ER (sats were perfect the entire time we were there, 5 hours, even on his usual flow of O2), and took him to the doc this morning. No answers. At this point we're thinking his pulse oximeter need recalibrating, that maybe it's not giving us a consistently accurate reading. It's also possible the O2 concentrator is malfunctioning since his sats do go up when I switch him from the concentrator to an O2 tank. The supply company is supposed to come out tomorrow to check everything. If the equipment is fine it may be all the fans we have running kicking up some dust. None of the rest of us have allergies, but it seems to Jake and I that if the fans were kicking up some dust and dander that JW would be showing more signs. But like I said, I'm not that familiar with allergies. So if the equipment checks out, we'll have to conclude JW has some sort of allergy. Jake and I are contemplating tearing out the carpeting even if it means living with the sub flooring until we can afford something else, even if it's linoleum! All I know is that right now I'm worn out from trying to figure out what the snot is going on with this tricky child of mine.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry
No comments:
Post a Comment