Thursday, February 12, 2009

JW's Ultrasound Results

Abnormal. No big surprise there. What did surprise me was when the doc told me his pylorus was completely closed during the ultrasound. Funny, cuz it must have been open 20 minutes later when he ate and NOTHING came back up. Thank goodness. Anyway, his doctor told me she was sending the ultrasound results over to the surgeons' office to see if this was still going to be a "wait and see". The surgeon that was on call on Tuesday was the partner of the surgeon who did JW's hernia surgery. JW's surgeon was on call today which means 1) we're basically getting a second opinion about when/if to do surgery and 2) I had the opportunity to tell the pediatrician that if surgery does become a neccessity, I want the same surgeon we had last time (providing it's not an emergency and we have to take whoever is on call). I never heard back from the doctor, so I'm assuming we're not planning on a surgery any time in the near future. She did tell me that if JW starts projectile vomiting (yippee) to take him to the Children's Hospital ER immediately. Based on his great weight gains, huge appetite, and lack of vomitting this past week, I think we're ok, but I'll keep that in mind.

Tomorrow: New pix of the girls. Georgia has actually posed for a couple this week, just a couple. Earlier tonight I was trying to get a picture and she purposely kept looking away. I couldn't even fool her in to looking.

No comments: