Justice's doctor peeked in yesterday while he was breastfeeding. Let's just say she was floored. He was comfortable, his color was good and he didn't choke once. "He's satting at 100%. I've never seen him at 100%!" were her exact words. I guess she's been hearing more about how awful he does with a bottle instead of how well he does breastfeeding. During rounds yesterday she told the nurses she just didn't know what to do for him. I told her, "He just needs me." She told me to stop before I made her cry and asked if I could stay there 24/7. That's the plan this week. Ok, maybe not 24/7, but a lot more than normal. She's still wondering what the problem is with the bottle, but overall she was very encouraged after seeing how well he did breastfeeding.
The girls and I are heading up there for Justice's noon feeding. They are going to weigh him before and after he breastfeeds to get an estimate of how much milk he's getting. Then after that it's off to the Denver airport to hand the girls off to Grams!
Justice weighed 7 lbs 2.5 oz last night.
No comments:
Post a Comment