Friday, November 07, 2008

Nothing New Really

I've been waiting to post that Justice has doubled his birth weight, but the little stinker has been at 4 lbs 9 oz (2060 grams) for the past 3 days. So instead, here's some pix from Wednesday and Thursday. (Tomorrow I'll try to get some video of the girls swimming, or maybe flying a plane if they decide to do that again.)

Here's Justice a little ticked off on Wednesday night. I would be too if I had a CPAP mask that was all crooked. Or maybe it's the Broncos bedsheet that's irking him.


And here he is without his head gear. Too bad his eyes are closed.


Pic from Thursday night, little wiggle worm.


And ticked off again.

His nurse and I were late getting him his dinner. Then I made him work for it. Ok not really, but it was decided that even on CPAP, Justice can breastfeed once a day. So Thursday night we gave it a try. He only lasted about 5 minutes before he was out cold. Nothing I did would wake him up to try again. But that's to be expected and the rest of his meal was ready and waiting to be given via feeding tube. He may have lasted a little longer if he hadn't thrown such a fit prior to trying to nurse. I think tonight was the longest I've ever heard him cry - off and on for about 15 minutes. So I think he wore himself out "screaming" (he's still not that loud) and had no energy left to work for his food.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay Tiff,
I am a little confused with the swimming/flying a plane comment. I did not know that they had let you nurse. When did that happen? Love you all.

Tiff Blakey said...

I was intentionally vague about the swimmimg and plane flying. Let's just say they're imaginative squirts. Last night was the first time we tried nursing. He wears out pretty quick. Tonight he just kinda played before falling asleep.