Friday, October 17, 2008

A Rambling Post

Justice had a great day yesterday. The steroids are apparently doing their job because he's doing great on the CPAP this time. He is still on antibiotics just in case, although there doesn't seem to be any signs of infection in his bowels. His hernia is not obstructing anything either. In fact, yesterday, you could barely tell he had one. But the size of the hernia will change on a daily basis. Overall, everyone was very pleased with him yesterday. He started getting breast milk again last night.

Here's a picture from yesterday with CPAP head gear on. He's my little rhino baby. You can also see his IV in the right side of his head (it's now been moved back to his arm so it's not in the way of his head gear). He drools and blows lots of bubbles cuz he hasn't figured out that he needs to swallow yet!




This is dark, but here's a video of him hiccuping after I finally allowed his nurse to put him back to bed. I held him for 3 hours straight yesterday. It was fabulous. And I just love that he can make noises now that he doesn't have the ET tube in his throat. He grunts a lot, and when he cries he sounds like a miniature Donald Duck because he's so hoarse. I'm sure in a few days it'll sound more like an actual cry. I'll try to get some video of him crying, but for now, here he is hiccuping.

(I will try to put up some pictures of the girls in the next day or so.)

No comments: