OK, yes. It's been a while since I put up new pictures. I have a bunch that are so adorable I want to share them, but it's been difficult to get around to it for several reasons.
1) The exhaustion that comes with the first trimester meant when the girls napped I napped or I was useless by 5 pm. Which isn't the best time to be useless since I start work around then 3 nights a week. So the good news is, we've hit week twelve and POOF! no more exhaustion. No more nausea either. In my book, there's something magical about this week.
2) It used to be I could slip away and post new pix if the girls were occupied with a movie or something. In the past month or so they have started antagonizing each other beyond belief, which meant the only time available to me to post pix would be during nap time, see reason #1.
Oh, the girls are really good at antagonizing each other.
It usually goes something like this:
One of them will pick up a toy that the other's not even interested in.
"Look. I got it!" tauntingly
And let the screaming begin.
-or-
"Give it back! Mommy!"
"What did she take?"
"She took my arm/leg/elbow!" Pick a body part. Today, Georgia "took" Dakota's butt. They also like to "take" each other's high chair trays during meal time. Such vivid imaginations.
3) For the past 2 months I've been watching an extra kid. So even if it weren't for the girls antagonizing each other, it's hard to sneak away when there's one extra mind plotting mischief. Trust me, they've found plenty of new ways to get into mischief. Fortunately, today was my last day watching him, so things should be calming down.
So there are my excuses. Hopefully tomorrow during nap time I can post some new pix. For now, it's bed time for me because I have to get up to work in the morning.
1 comment:
Is there only one baby this time - we're all dying to know!!!!!!!
Jeanne
Post a Comment