That's right, cribs, plural. For anyone who has followed our sleeping habits for the past almost 10 months, you know that at about 3 weeks old we decided we didn't like sleeping in a crib, and we only had one at the time. (Maybe we just didn't like sharing it.) So for months now we've been sleeping in the swing or with Mommy and Daddy. Daddy has been working on refinishing Aunt Neller's crib, crib #2, since November. Last night he put the finishing touches on it and he and Mommy tried to put it together. They were missing two nuts, so Mommy went to Home Depot today, got the nuts and finished putting the crib together. Tonight, we are sleeping in our own cribs. We'll let you know how that's going in a few days. We don't regularly sleep through the night, Mommy says we've got to learn to, so this is a new adventure in more ways than one. Meanwhile, here's some pics of us taking our pre-bedtime naps in our cribs.
Dakota

Georgia

Georgia, in Aunt Neller's old crib. Daddy did a beautiful job refinishing it.

Dakota, in the crib Mommy and Aunt Lacy found at the second hand store.
5 comments:
I though Nellers crib also had bumpy rails??? Am I missing something?
Nope, Neller's crib just had bumpy ends, the rails are smooth. So the cribs look a little different, but it's ok.
Hey that's one hot crib Georgia has...... Uh huh oh yeah!
You're a nerd!
They look so good! I love the layettes and the cribs. Its great to see that what we came up with way back when looks fantastic. Can you take a picture of the room so I can see how you have it set up? Meanwhile I just ordered crib number two for the boys' room...wow how life is about to change. I can't say that the baby will definetly be in there right away because I am gonna do all I can to preserve Lukas' sleeping habits. So we will see! Kiss the girls for me!
Lacy
Post a Comment